[Oberon] Re (2): ET.StoreAscii Native.Tool.txt

Aubrey.McIntosh at Alumni.UTexas.Net Aubrey.McIntosh at Alumni.UTexas.Net
Tue Apr 5 05:05:30 CEST 2016

In the mid 90s, I supervised a group that used Oberon.  They complained
about the interface.  I asked them, when they were using Windows, did they
try to use Oberon actions.  I suggested that when they tried to translate
Oberon actions to Windows but not the other way around, that said that
Oberon was the better design.

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 8:47 PM, eas lab <lab.eas at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I am habituated navigating using arrow key.
> > If unconsciously I put my mouse cursor near to top of Edit viewer, ...
>
> Oberon is a VISUAL system, like pencil drawing on paper.
> The hand moves automatically provided the eye sees.
> With the pianist, the mind sees.
> Perhaps you should abandon Oberon which conflicts with many people's brain.
>
> wily too, which from plan9 is based on Oberon, is not popular.
> Many users would prefer to type in
>      /mnt/h11/PhysicalSpace/DirTest/MedCrnFlks/2015
> than to recognise it on the screen, and select it via one mouse action.
>

> == Chris Glur.

(email is my preferred communication media)
Aubrey McIntosh, Ph.D.
1502 Devon Circle
Austin TX 78723-1814
(512)-348-7401