[Oberon] Fwd: Re: Oberon RS232 - file exchange with Linux / OLR for RPI

thomas.kral at email.cz thomas.kral at email.cz
Tue Apr 5 12:55:21 CEST 2016

Chris,

RS232 on RPI is available as USB channel, so is available on Pepino board.
uUSB cable I use is litterally 20cm long, and it serves as power and data link at the same time.

My understatding is that ..
/dev/ttyUSB0 (= COM1) - is for FPGA programming
/dev/ttyUSB1 (= COM2) - is for data exchage using PCLink1 tool

I2C is great, I have seen your excellent work implementing it on FPGA. I am no use with u-electronics. I was explained that I2C allows adding of addtional devices (beyond a networking module) to the board on a de-facto bus.

Does it interface to FPGA board using GPIO?

Yes you are right about  eth0 PC<->RPI  link, as both have to go to the packet switch.

Many thanks.
Tomas