[Oberon] Which file saves video configuration value in NO

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Thu Apr 7 16:08:12 CEST 2016

> Which file in Oberon saves video configuration detail?

This is my understanding.  Hopefully my errors are
corrected by someone more knowledgeable.

Video configuration occurs before a file system is
available.  The System.Log reports mounting of volumes.
This would not be possible without a working display.
Note that this arrangement is different from Linux
where X is started after the system is operational.

The usual means of adjusting the display configuration
of an installed system is by config strings and the boot
loader has a capability to allow this.  A google of
"site:ethoberon.ethz.ch video" will give a page with
title "Display support".  Config strings are near the
bottom.

When N.O. runs directly on a PC the config strings are
found quite easily.  When N.O. runs under an emulator
they can be a little more difficult to find.  With QEMU
I had to set the Scroll Lock or press the Shift key at
the right point.  For vbox you might hunt with google
for instructions about interaction during boot loading.

A good description of the boot process is pertinent to
this topic also.

Regards,                ... Lyall E.

--
123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 12
Tel +1 360 639 0202