[Oberon] System V5 - Kernel Real Time Clock - RTC

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Mon Apr 11 19:52:51 CEST 2016

Hi,

I was thinking how to implement an RTC on FPGA Oberon.

Time can be set as follows,

System.Date dd mm yy hh mm ss ~

Currently the system clock does not tick.

There was a lecture at ETH in 2015 given by Paul Reed, about clock be
implemented as a network client, in his paper it says:

Exercise 2d: (optional) Develop a Network Time Client
- Step 1: add proc. WordMode() to set ctrl to 06H;
- in Setup() also write reg 7=70H, 11H=20H, and
- BeginCmd(0E2H); EndCmd; all before enabling radio
- Step 2: in Tick after displaying status but before Setup():
- if ODD(status DIV 40H) then BeginCmd 61H, set WordMode
- SPI(0), get spiData into new variable hdr;
- SPI(0), get spiData into new variable len;
- SPI(0), get spiData into new variable time; EndCmd
- Step 3: if hdr DIV 1000000H = 47H and len=4, then
Oberon.SetClock(time)
- import Display and ReplConst(1, 900, 10, 100, 100, 2) when
time updated
- (or ReplConst(1, 1013, 744, 4, 4, 2) is more subtle)
!
- Step 4: run and check time is updated with System.Date

So far I am not able to follow, does anybody have some experience and
could possibly provide more explanation. I guess SCC.Mod that handles
the radio needs to be modified, but I cannot see how.

Many thanks

--
Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>