[Oberon] Oberon Applications - was: Trying to understand vertical scrolling

Treutwein Bernhard Bernhard.Treutwein at Verwaltung.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Tue Apr 12 13:52:57 CEST 2016

Hi Doug,

From: Douglas G. Danforth [mailto:danforth at greenwoodfarm.com]
[...]
I would like to see the applications that have been generated using Oberon.
What companies are and have been using Oberon.
The size of an application, as to the complexity that it addresses.

yes that would be very interesting. But I also think that there is no need to
create yet another place to store such information. I suggest to add a section
"Applications written in Oberon or some of its dialects" in Wikipedia, i.e.
there:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oberon_(programming_language)

I personally see also in Component Pascal an Oberon dialect. The step from
Oberon-L, which was the name of the language before its last evolutionary
change, to Component Pascal was not a very large one.

First application, which come immediately to my mind are:

OpenBugs (http://www.openbugs.net/w/FrontPage) and its precursor
WinBugs (http://www.mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk/software/bugs/the-bugs-project-winbugs/)
O3-Software: http://www.o3-software.de/
Dieter Glötzel's MusicXML-to-PMX<http://icking-music-archive.org/software/htdocs/index.html> http://icking-music-archive.org/software/htdocs/index.html