[Oberon] Another awkward feature.

Srinivas Nayak sinu.nayak2001 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 14:46:36 CEST 2016

I created a tool called srinivas.tool.
I open it in user track.

Here is what I see, the content of srinivas.tool. (numbers in left are line numbers)

0.
1. System.CopyFiles a.txt=>b.txt ~
2.
3. System.DeleteFiles ~
4.
5. System.ShowModules ~
6.

This means, between two command lines, there is a blank line.
First line is also a blank line.
I did this so, for my easy readability.
Also not to click on a unwanted command by mistake.
Generally I use double click ML to activate a command.
This I felt easier to MM. Because of my bad habits.

Unfortunately, in absent mind...

I happened to double click ML at line 2.
I saw in System.Log, "s deleting failed"!
I was horrified... did I deleted something?... did I have a file named 's'?... delete command worked without any parameter?

Now, being curious, I double click ML at line 4.
Immediately a viewer opened in system track with modules list.
I was surprised... wow, showmodules command worked?... good.

Now, I double click ML at line 0.
I saw in System.Log, "System.CopyFiles" only.
My familiar message "a.txt => b.txt copying" was missing.
I was confused... copyfiles worked?... my file got copied?...

Now, I thought, may be I shouldn't depend on double click ML.
Though NO refers us to use double click ML as another alternative to MM for command activation,
original Oberon had only MM, the book says. Lets try the same with MM.
I couldn't believe my eyes... all the same!...no different!

Till today, I am not sure what happened...
Still in doubt, about the usefulness of this feature.

With thanks and best regards,

Yours sincerely,
Srinivas Nayak

Home: http://www.mathmeth.com/sn/