[Oberon] minor tuning of TUI?

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 00:32:48 CEST 2016

On 6/16/2016 3:15 AM, eas lab wrote:

>>    OK, so if you've got 6 viewers open, do you:
>>    1. call the <list of viewers>
>>    2. klik on the required one.
>>
>>    That's good. In which case why do you need to have the
>>     <overlapping corners> showing.

> Chris,
> 2. klik on the desired one.
> <overlapping corners> are simply another way to do it.
> Your choice.

KISS means having ONE way to do anything.

If I had 6 viewers open, only the top-one would be labelled.
What is the value of the other 5-corners sticking out and obstructing
valuable screen area?

I'm guessing that M$ design started with 2 viewers.
With only one <alternative ie. "the other"> the concepts are minimal.
Once you add a 3rd viewer, there's a massive increase in conceptual
complexity. Ie. with only 'one other' there's no possibility of error,
but with 2 there IS error possibility.

Having committed to <the corners sticking out> M$ then were forced to
use the band-aid of an indexed-list-menu, and keep the redundant
corners sticking out?

==Chris Glur