[Oberon] Volatile variables in Oberon

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Tue Aug 2 07:34:27 CEST 2016

Joerg and Bernhard:

thank you for the very helpful discussion. I duly saved your e-mails for future reference. I would not decipher these tricks from the SYSTEM description in the language report. Your insight was very helpful.

I quickly scanned the Project Oberon from the NW website looking for implementation hints which you outlined. I did not find this discussion anywhere (excuse me if I skipped it). The NW book does not go into this level of implementation detail. I would be great if a short app note was available illustrating HW access via volatile memory structures using your examples.

Thank you for your help.

Wojtek