[Oberon] Data transfer in large amounts

Lars noreply at z505.com
Mon Sep 5 13:06:17 CEST 2016

On Wed, July 13, 2016 5:00 am, Paul Reed wrote:
> Dear Wojtek,
> Perhaps you would be happier with one of those much bigger projects,
> several of which now run on FPGAs.  You certainly seem to want a lot
> for  nothing and appear to need the support of a much larger community

Freepascal has something called a bounty system where you can hire a
programmer to implement a feature, similar to how rent a coder works I
guess... if someone wants a feature bad enough, they just pay someone a
bounty to get it done. An interesting idea, rather than a donation based
system.

Personally I don't find Wojtek wants a lot for nothing, I find he
contributes equally back to what he takes.... there are a lot of valuable
knowledgable people in the oberon community, I rarely see someone taking
but not giving back... have you seen all wojtek's work in Component Pascal
and the PDF's he has donated a while back with his engineering work? I for
one enjoyed reading his work...

I don't speak for him....

But I do find oberon community lacks a large audience and lacks
contributors. A bounty system won't cure it, but thought I would mention
it... if someone wants something bad enough it would be nice to have 500
dollars or 1000 dollars to implement it, or even 50 dollars.

There could even be people who sponsor hardware projects, like "I want USB
for oberon station" or I want SDHC support, or whatever.