[Oberon] Oberon for a C++ user.

Srinivas Nayak sinu.nayak2001 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 17:41:01 CEST 2016

In this thread, my initial doubt was my confusion between Record and Module.
I was not able to understand why Records provide unrestricted access (to its members) to outsiders.
But Modules controls outsider's access.
While in C++, Structures and Classes which are like Oberon Records, do control outsider's access.

Today I found its answer in Object Oriented Programming in Oberon 2, in 4.2. Classes and Modules.
Reason is efficient access.

And Module is the feature in Oberon that supports Encapsulation and Abstraction, not Record.

Kindly correct me if I am wrong.

With thanks and best regards,

Yours sincerely,
Srinivas Nayak