[Oberon] New compiler version?

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Sat Oct 1 03:36:59 CEST 2016

Trying to poke around to find a better (more recent) Linz V4, I looked at
https://github.com/andreaspirklbauer/Oberon-experimental

There I saw the statement:

PREREQUISITES: A working Original Oberon operating system and compiler,
current as of September 18, 2016 or later (see projectoberon.com).
If you run an older version of Original Oberon or the compiler,
please upgrade to the latest version first.

So I looked at http://www.projectoberon.com/ to find some sort of a README
telling me something about the new compiler. But there is no such readme.
I wonder where Andreas is getting his news about the recent compiler upgrade??

I also looked at https://www.inf.ethz.ch/personal/wirth/ trying to find a change log.
I have not found any. I vaguely remember that Chris pointed to a log somewhere
on NW's website, but I cannot find it. Any hints?

The new compiler is not related to the crashing LinzV4. I am still puzzled why
it crashes.