[Oberon] Safe module unloading (was: Re: Oberon for a C++ user.)

chris chris at gcjd.org
Mon Oct 10 12:51:39 CEST 2016

On Sat, 8 Oct 2016 19:28:55 +0200, Andreas Pirklbauer wrote:
> I’d welcome more input on this topic.. all I wanted to show is that
> it is *doable* (proof of concept) and that the effort is very small.
>
> Whether it *should* be done is another question. It remains open.

Thanks for this great write-up. I think the effort is so small that it
should be included in the system. This would close the biggest hole in
the Oberon system.

I would prefer to improve the forced unload function by writing NIL to
all references that would close the last hole (I hope) in the system
for the occurrence of dangling pointers.

Greetings, chris