[Oberon] [BULK] Locator for Shadow Directory under Blackbox

Aubrey McIntosh aubrey.mcintosh at utexas.edu
Wed Nov 16 15:06:48 CET 2016

Thanks Doug.  I do want to discuss this there.  I have an email that says
my community.blackboxframework.org account has been activated, but I can't
login or retrieve my password.    The message is "The e-mail/username
information submitted could not be found."

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 2:55 AM, Douglas G Danforth <
danforth at greenwoodfarm.com> wrote:

> Aubrey,
> " I decided that my short program below should work to correctly show the
> path to the file that is opened"
> &
> "I have encoded a short program, TestPath, as well as a file
> Test/Docu/Patch_HostFiles.odc.
>   There are 3 patches to HostFiles, and with minimal testing this seems to
> work on1.7-rc1 for windows running under Wine on Ubuntu 14.04.5
> "
> I'm a bit confused.  Is your "short program" the "TestPath"?  If so that
> program works just fine under
> Windows 10.  As such I see no need to modify HostFiles.
>
> Also, you should make such discussion on the BlackBox Framework community
> bulletin board at
>
> http://community.blackboxframework.org/
>
> There are many people there who an help you.
> -Doug Danforth
>
> On 11/13/2016 12:27 PM, Aubrey.McIntosh at alumni.utexas.net wrote:
>
> I learned some more of how BlackBox works, and re-read some source in
> HostFiles.  I decided that my short program below should work to correctly
> show the path to the file that is opened.  It does not on the Windows
> 1.7-rc1 nor on the Linux version derived from it.
>
> I have encoded a short program, TestPath, as well as a file
> Test/Docu/Patch_HostFiles.odc.  There are 3 patches to HostFiles, and
> with minimal testing this seems to work on1.7-rc1 for windows running under
> Wine on Ubuntu 14.04.5.  I assume it will work correctly elsewhere.  I have
> not been able to rebuild the Linux distribution, so it is not verified
> there.

Aubrey McIntosh, Ph.D.
1502 Devon Circle
Austin TX 78723