[Oberon] [BULK] Locator for Shadow Directory under Blackbox

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 06:57:16 CET 2016

Jörg wrote:
>My PC runs a Windows 7 (64bit) and LinzOberon (1994, a 32bit program) runs on it.

Wow!!  Can I run V4 on Win8.1 x64 ?
I just recently failed to goog: Win -x64 Oberon V4

Psychology/human-cognition trumps technology:-

Essentially the user must always be able to know where s/he is in time & space.
Hence ETHO's <SytemTime> at startup.
While working with multiple textFiles in the FileTree all files must
show their ID,
no matter where in the file the user is. Ie.  show in the <TopFrame>.
Not like the M$-clown OS!

Under N-O, where FileIDs were unique, and limited to 32-chars
[not like M$ novella-IDs], the FileID fitted nicely in the <TopFrame>.
With ETHO systems that can navigate the FileTree, the FileIDs are no longer
unique unless the [probably long-text] path is included.

The solution for the problem of adding more info to the original <top TextFrame>
was nicely given by extra the drop-down mechanism.

That's what reminded me of V4. Since I seems that I won't get LEO for Win-x64.

Now let me search again for "Oberon Linz Windows"

Thanks,

== Chris Glur.