[Oberon] [BULK] Locator for Shadow Directory under Blackbox

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 10:34:06 CET 2016

Jörg wrote:
> This is the link to Linz Oberon:

ftp://ftp.ssw.uni-linz.ac.at/pub/Oberon/Windows/win95-NT/System.EXE

I just installed it on top of my Windows 10 and it works. So the
probability it runs on Windows 8.1 is very high :-)
----------------------
Yes it works nicely:
I'd like a slightly bigger default font, and the LHS <text positioning
marker> is
not as accurate as N-O, LEO, V4-for-linux (as I remember them); but it's way
better that lame-Windows.
---------------------------
> Please consider upgrading to Windows 10: In my point of view it's worth it
https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msmea/en_IE/pdp/productID.323327900
---------------------------
This thing was previously Win 10. Then I locked myself out by noting the
EMAIL password INSIDE a file, which became inaccessible, since M$ designers
made the EMAIL password to become the general access password!!

In fixing that absurdity, the vendor set it to W8.1 also to match the
3G Dongle's
compatibility.  I don't want to mess/know-about M$ any more.

I'm only forced to use M$ for the Inet capability, since my previous laboured
research of how to drive the 3G-Dongle via Linux, fails with the new device.

Thanks,

== Chris Glur.