[Oberon] Need V4 Code for trivial task.

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 07:32:46 CET 2016

Douglas G Danforth wrote:-
> This V4 code seems to work!
> Needing to cast a BYTE using ORD threw me for a while.
> You don't need to do that with Component Pascal.

Yes thank, I'm using your code. And I'd like to refine it to syntax:-
  ELO.Fix <InFile> <OutFile> ~
Because it's a production tool for me; so I want minimal handling;
but I've also lost the *.Text with the nice tutorial examples of S3
which I believe would also work with V4.
Ie. to scan ahead to fetch "<InFile> <OutFile> ~" .

Yes, I'm lazy and resisiting relearning old stuff.
It's more fruitfull to discuss extensions to Oberon.
That's also why I included the terse examples of *nix script.

.... With hold till later
discussion re. massive power/economy-of-effort from functional/piping
programming style, as demonstrated in this tread's linux snippet.

== Chris Glur.