[Oberon] Oberon and TLS;

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 20:05:28 CET 2016

I seem to remember that Aos was one of most systems that was
restricted to it's own directory.

V4 under x64-Win can access any file that Win accesses.
So eg. you can plug in a USBstik and read/write its files to anywhere
else in the file tree; but not *nix formatted files of course.

I've managed to install Debian-7 x32 to a USBstik [from the DVD],
because M$ has put their 4th partition at the end of the disk, so
we can't use the end part of the disk like before.

It's obviously very slow, and I doubt Exim wouldn't give the
flexability that N-O & LEO gave for email.

Also, I'm confused at how much of the internetting is done by the
underlying *nix and how much by ETHO.

This is also related to the discussion about 'piping'.
With our 90's N-O system you had: the actual char"5" in your email
producing a X0X pulse-train on the serial-wires into the modem,
which could be filmed/captured. The transformation sequence/stages
were clearly know.

Would Aos drive eg. the actual 3g-modem, or would linux do that?

== Chris Glur.