[Oberon] Class Methods Vs. Procedure variables in Records

Treutwein Bernhard Bernhard.Treutwein at Verwaltung.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Wed Jan 4 13:59:18 CET 2017

Dear Andreas,

thanks a lot for digging out the resume of the discussions after more than
a quarter of a century from your memory.

I found it very enlightening …

Maybe you should put that to Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Oberon_(programming_language)

And let me add to your statement

Ø  This is, I believe, one of the reasons why we now have two

Ø  main version of the Oberon language: Oberon and Oberon-2.

That the situation is apparently it is even worse: There is a third incompatible
dialect: Active Oberon. It steps a bit back from Oberon-2 to Object Oberon
but adds much more complexity like operator overloading and extended
array handling ...

--
  Bernhard