[Oberon] Functional programming and Oberon

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 13:06:58 CET 2017

I believe I started this thread about <functional> programming & ETHO;
because it's power/econony-of-effort has become [ever more] evident to me.

The thread has morphed into  multiple/confusing concepts and terminology.
"Piping" seems to capture the best cost-benefit aspect, which ETHO already
uses. Ie. <piping> is only one aspect of FP; but seems to offer great
productivety gains and is already acknowledged by usage, although never
AFAIK explicitly stated in ETHO's documents.

When they ask you Q: "how do you compile with oberon?", you just tell them