[Oberon] Oberon Wikibook

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Tue Feb 28 19:57:21 CET 2017

>From joerg.straube at iaeth.ch  Wed Apr 20 18:50:55 2016
> In my point of view, WikiBook doesn't seem to be the best choice for
> this task.

>From joerg.straube at iaeth.ch  Mon Sep  5 22:57:33 2016
> I meant with "repository" a kind of "moderated contribution",
> "moderated" to limit bloatware a little, "moderated" by more than one
> person alone (namely NW) and with a versioning system so you can
> identify the "contribution" against a certain version of the code :-)

Definitely.  Consider this an experiment.  If it works, good. If chaos
overwhelms, we'll learn that at least.

>From skulski at pas.rochester.edu  Wed Oct  5 18:05:48 2016
> Could you please remind me what is the topic of the book ...

See following.  I want feedback.  For the title especially.  Easier to
make the original title right than to change later.

> ... you are going to write?

Wikimedia projects are collaborative.  Anyone can contribute.
https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home
I want to start a book.  Anticipate many contributors.

I view AOS, A3 as a variant of the Oberon system.
Should the title indicate so?

A possible title
  Oberon; a Computer System

Another possible title
  Oberon (Convergence); a Computer System

Another possible title
  Oberon; a System of Computing

Other possibilities?

Scope of Use
This system has been ued as a stand-alone workstation, as an
engine customized to specific calculations and as an (embedded)
control system.

Audience
The Oberon workstation can be used by a novice interested in
learning elementary computing.  The complete sources allow a more
experienced user to repair bugs and add functionality.  The system
engineer can adapt the system to a computationally intensive task or
to use as a real-time control system.

Usage progresses through these stages.  Many users will
stop at (3).
(1) Installation
(2) Configuration
(3) Production
(4) Bug repair
(5) Customization and development

--

123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789
Tel: +1 360 639 0202                      Pender Is.: +1 250 629 3757