[Oberon] FPGA Oberon - Modules.rsc

Andreas Pirklbauer andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 22 11:36:02 CET 2017

The book Project Oberon does not describe the way the inner core itself is built (it only mentions that a “boot linker”is needed for that) or loaded onto the boot area of the local disk, nor are the tools to accomplish this published.

A minimal set of the Oberon building tools can be found at:

https://github.com/andreaspirklbauer/Oberon-building-tools <https://github.com/andreaspirklbauer/Oberon-building-tools>

Usage:

   ORP.Compile Kernel.Mod FileDir.Mod Files.Mod Modules.Mod ~

   Linker.Link Modules    # prepare inner core (pre-linked binary)

   Builder.Build Modules  # load inner core into boot area of disk

thomas.kral at email.cz thomas.kral at email.cz
Tue Mar 21 09:13:34 CET 2017

Hi Joerg,
I was rereading the chapter 14 again, I realise the boot over RS232 is
triggered by a switch, but I still do miss the point, how do I build the
inner core, and Oberon0. In the text there is a reference to boot linker.

Many thanks

Tomas