[Oberon] Fw: FPGA - Bitmaps.Mod

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Fri Apr 7 16:01:11 CEST 2017

Hi Joerg,

Having also another thought of Bitmaps implementation.
Since a bitmap might have some file disk representation in the end, I am
thinking to have it implemented similarly as Texts(Viewers), where 1024
byte disk sectors `Files.Mod' are mapped through linked list text
descriptors. So in theory only one sector can be displayed through a
viewer at a time.

When I quickly look at PO.V5 source, Kernel.New is used exactly once.

pi at raspberrypi /usr/src/oberon/PO.V5.1 $ grep Kernel.New *.Mod.txt
System.Mod.txt:    IF w = 0 THEN Kernel.New(a, b)

So I do not feel easy breaking this rule, making it a precedence for
more frequent use.

On the analogy, I could have Bitmaps -> BitmapDescr(PictureDescr) ->
PictureFrames

I am not at all sure if it is a good idea?

Tomas