[Oberon] Re (2): Re (2): File transfer.

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Sat Jun 10 08:54:35 CEST 2017

On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 08:32:34 -0700
<peter at easthope.ca> wrote:

> From:	Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>
> Date:	Fri, 9 Jun 2017 16:34:29 +0200
> > My setup is OLR on RPI <-- usb/serial cable --> FPGA Oberon.
> >
> > On FPGA side I run PCLink1.
> > On OLR side I run modified ORC.Mod, see below diff
>
> Hypothetically at least, PPP should work also.
> Then TCP/IP and then FTP?  The memory on the FPGA board
> will constrain?
>
> Regards,             ... Lyall E.

Further thinking.

If it is only serial line protocol over USB, than no signal conversion
is needed.

But how about if we really need to connect RS232 signals to USB,
because different signal are levels used there.

RS232 - "0" ~ -12V, "1" ~ +12V
USB   - "0" ~ 0V, "1" ~ +5V

I can imagine RS232 -> USB is easy as to dropping voltage from 12V.

But how about USB -> RS232? Does not seem possible to transform 5V->12V
without external 12V power supply.

Tomas

--
Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>