[Oberon] File transfer.

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Mon Jun 12 10:47:13 CEST 2017

On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 10:39:00 +0200
Darek Maksimiuk <darek.maksimiuk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Tomas,
>   The answer is a  DC-DC step-up  converter:
>   https://www.pololu.com/category/133/step-up-step-down-voltage-regulators
>     or
> https://www.vanallesenmeer.nl/12V-Step-Up/Step-Down-Voltage-Regulator-S10V2F12-Pololu-2096
>
> Cheers,
>   Darek
>

> On 12 June 2017 at 10:13, Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 21:46:27 +0000
> > "Skulski, Wojciech" <skulski at pas.rochester.edu> wrote:
> >
> > > Tomas;

> > > Connect the CTS and RTS to the application which uses these pins.
> > > In our case the only signals which we need are Tx and Rx. The
> > > processors can be configured to use the other signals, but then
> > > you need to dig into the processor manuals and into the details
> > > of SW drivers. (I do not mean RISC5 here, but rather Blackfin or
> > > ARM.) The simplest configuration is as shown in the schematics. I
> > > copied it from Analog Devices years ago and used it ever since.
> > >
> > > It works, if the device driver sets the internal processor
> > > registers the proper way, what all sane device drivers do.
> > >
> > > Wojtek
> > >
> > > --
> >
> > I wish to know,
> > What the trick is, making +/-12 from +5V?
> >
> > --
> > Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>
> > --

Hi,

Thank you, you may have noticed from my questions, I am not a real h/w
man, only a hobbyist. The reason I ask, that some low cost usb-rs232
adapters, do not produce +/-12V, but some +/-6V relying on broad
tolerance band. But while they may work on modern systems, they may
bot be reliable on some legacy systems with old serial ports.

I am also thinking of some PIC application, as that is also on my list
to build a programmer and learn PIC assembly, and if possible do tests
on serial converter application.

--
Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>