[Oberon] Text buffer analogue of Strings.Prefix.

Treutwein Bernhard Bernhard.Treutwein at Verwaltung.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Tue Jun 13 13:11:06 CEST 2017

Hi Peter,

[...]
>	PROCEDURE Prefix*(CONST pre, str(** in *): ARRAY OF CHAR):BOOLEAN;
>Incidental question: what is the significance of CONST in the declaration?
>PROCEDURE Prefix*(pre, str(** in *): ARRAY OF CHAR): BOOLEAN; ?

as far as I know, the parameter is handled like a VAR parameter, i.e. only the
address is handed over and not the whole arrays copied to the stack, and the
compiler ensures that it is not modified (nor given as a VAR parameter to
yet another procedure).

regards
--
  Bernhard