[Oberon] Help: Display Init Strings for Native Oberon

Treutwein Bernhard Bernhard.Treutwein at Verwaltung.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Wed Jun 21 12:25:29 CEST 2017

Thanks a lot.

>Okay. Resolution and color depth is one thing. Timing another.
>What timings does your TFT support?

absolutely true.

>Officially for the resolution 1280 x 1024, VESA supports four timings:
>screen   vertical   pixel
> 60 Hz    64 kHz   108 MHz
> 75 Hz    80 kHz   135 MHz
> 85 Hz    91 kHz   157 MHz <-- seems not to be supported by your TFT
>100 Hz   108 kHz   191 MHz <-- probably this is out of reach as well

I guess you're right.

>In addition to the resolution, the used VBE function AX=4f02 allows you to set the
>requested timing as well. ES:DI is the pointer to the CRTCInfoBlock where you
>have to set the correct timings.

hmm. But I have no idea how I could manage that. I guess I might find it here
https://web.archive.org/web/20081211174813/http://docs.ruudkoot.nl/vbe20.txt
in Sec. 4.5, although there is no hint about the buffer here and I do not know how I
could setup that CRTCInfoBlock ...