[Oberon] Re (2): syntax in BB, CP, GPCP and V4 compared to Oberon-2.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Thu Jul 20 16:47:53 CEST 2017

From:	=?utf-8?Q?J=C3=B6rg?= <joerg.straube at iaeth.ch>
Date:	Thu, 20 Jul 2017 07:35:34 +0200
> I had a look at Sort.Mod. As it imports "Objects" its written in
> System3 aka ETH Oberon. It will not compile in V4 aka Linz Oberon ...

Thanks Joerg.  I've copied Oberon.Sort.Mod to
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon/V4.Sort.Mod with an explanation
and reference to the mailing list in the discussion page. If anyone
can make Sort work in V4 and post a revision in the book, that will be
a welcome contribution.

Incidentally there is now a Markup procedure in MediaWiki.  The output
of MediaWiki.Markup * should reproduce color, boldness and
italicization appearing identical to the original Oberon Text. Not
thoroughly tested yet but the strategy seems better than in
MediaWiki.Compile. Boldness and italicization will be useful with the
stylistic conventions of V4 and similar systems.

In the EO and Oberon contexts, comments aren't italicized.  Therefore
I anticipate reverting the italicization in Oberon.Sort.Mod.  No
offense to Hans Klaver intended and thanks for suggesting the
additional contexts. The italicization remains in V4.Sort.Mod.

Regards,                      ... Lyall E.

--

123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789
Tel: +1 360 639 0202                      Pender Is.: +1 250 629 3757