[Oberon] V4 Native?

Treutwein Bernhard Bernhard.Treutwein at Verwaltung.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Fri Jul 28 11:04:31 CEST 2017

> Did V4 ever run on a bare machine?  The Linz Web site mentions it
> running on Linux, Unix & etc.  Not on a bare machine.

Afaik: No

A V4 Native is something I several times thought about and since the
System-3 kernel added persistent objects to Version-2 and V4 and S3
are both based on V2, I guess it should be manageable. The differences
between different V4 implementations may be seen/extracted from
Claudio Nieders collection, which is available at sourceforge:
https://sourceforge.net/p/oberon/oberonv4/ci/master/tree/
and his (together with Ralph Degner) attempt to create a unified V4.

I tried to enclose a "Towards a unified Oberon V4", but apparently
Pipermail suppresses such mails, so I repost my message without that pdf.
--
  Bernhard