[Oberon] FPGA - Little Endian & Bit numbering

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Fri Sep 22 23:53:30 CEST 2017

> It's odd, however, that there is no (non-SYSTEM) procedure for
> converting an integer back to a set.

Here BlackBox is ahead, as usual. From the CP Language Report:

10.3 Predeclared Procedures

Name     Argument type   Result type   Function
BITS(x)  INTEGER  SET        {i | ODD(x DIV 2^i)}

I used BITS a lot in my data processing. It is extremely useful.

One more example why upgrading Oberon to CP should have been done long ago.

Wojtek