[Oberon] General - Xerox PARC 1970

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Wed Sep 27 09:40:25 CEST 2017

 http://www.computerhistory.org/revolution/input-output/14/348

> > In the Lab picture from left to right, Jim Mitchell, Ed Fiala, Terry
> > Roberts, an unknown girl with a cigar(?), Wesley Clark, and Ed Taft.
> >
> > NOTE: Ed Fiala, a fellow countryman, (Eduard Fiala), I wonder what
> > these people are today up to?
> >
> > When reading `Alto' specs, not seeing the size, price, etc. Still
> > sounds like today's computing :-)

Hi,

Only now I have discovered your reply went to spam on my system, so I
do apologise that I react rather belatedly.

All very interesting, in those days it was much about how to define
`what computing should be like`, while today's computing may seem
flowing with the main stream, and comply with dogma `what it has been
always like', with that `Uroboros' approach, IT self feeding on
it's own tail.

I was too young at those days, to make any sense of it, but, I dare
ask..

Did you know in person `Ed Fiala' as that strikes me as a Czech
name (Eduard Fiala, probably, I am Czech, too), also I am very curious
about that `unknown girl with cigar' in the picture?

Many thanks you for reading this.

--
Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>