[Oberon] General - Academic vs Commercial applications

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 03:51:22 CEST 2017

Looks like a brilliant syllabus: teaching universal 1st-principles,
and not just the current FB, twitter fads.

When RPi first came out, I wanted to build a P-code interpreter,
as I had done in the 70s for Fairchild-F8, 63xx/68xx, Intel16bit;
but I couldn't see how to <single step design asm-instructions>
[as I had always done - I coded the F8 via a teletype in *HEX*]
since appaently the ARM assembler takes the user's <intentions>
and OPTIMISES it, in the background, to generate the actual.
single-instructions.

No one on the RPi NNTP could understand my query, because today
it's always "doA, doB...", without understanding the underlying
principles. But now, I see the critical reference to "OPTIMIZED" in
 http://lec.inf.ethz.ch/syscon/2017/slides/LSC17Slides0926.pdf

== Chris Glur.