[Oberon] Procedure variables and local procedures

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Sun Oct 1 16:01:04 CEST 2017

Jörg:

>The system of ProjectOberon with only 1MB of memory and a B/W screen is not the right platform.

So we need more megs and we need color. Hardware part is easy, sort of. There are HW developers on this list. Also, commercial boards are available, for example from Digilent. (The original Project Oberon board was from Digilent.)

A more nagging question is who will develop firmware for such a board or boards. We keep discussing FPGA Oberon. OK, then who can and who is willing to actually configure the FPGA? I mean firmware. The Project Oberon Verilog was targeting a particular board. A new Project Oberon firmware for a new board will not be just different. It will be vastly different. SW developers on this list probably can hardly imagine how vastly different it must be. Hence, the question: who is able and willing to contribute the firmware effort, if a new board or boards become available?

W.