[Oberon] Oberon Digest, Vol 160, Issue 21

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 14:33:24 CEST 2017

On 4 October 2017 at 14:13, Chris Burrows <chris at cfbsoftware.com> wrote:

> Chris's post is here:
>
> [Oberon] General - Academic vs Commercial applications (28 Sep 2017)
>
> http://lists.inf.ethz.ch/pipermail/oberon/2017/010960.html
>
> The link to Felix's slides is:
>
> http://lec.inf.ethz.ch/syscon/2017/slides/LSC17Slides0926.pdf
>
> and Felix's original post is here:
>
> http://lists.inf.ethz.ch/pipermail/oberon/2017/010956.html
>
> I was also reading some of Felix's papers today:
>
> https://www.inf.ethz.ch/personal/felixf/pub.html
>
> Amongst other things, there's some intriguing stuff on Operator Overloading and Mathematical Programming extensions to Oberon.

Aha, thank you!

Yes, I have seen that PDF before. I contacted Felix and he confirmed
to me that there is a native port, with a basic display driver, but no
USB support as of yet. So it is not a fully-working graphical OS yet,
no.

I asked if the native RPi kernel was FOSS but I received no reply,
sadly. I am sure he is busy.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Talk/Plus: lproven at gmail.com