[Oberon] FPGA - Colour Support

Jörg joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Sat Oct 7 18:47:16 CEST 2017

Wojtek

You’re obviously right. In my previous mail, I only spoke about the CPU speed assuming the other clocks stay the same.

For the OberonStation, RISC5Top.v looks like this:
always @(posedge clk0) clk <= ~clk;

always @(posedge clkfx) begin
  clk0 <= ~clk0 & ~clk1; clk1 <= clk0;
  pclk <= ~pclk;
end
clkfx runs at 150 MHz
pcclk runs at 75 MHz (VGA timing)
clk0 runs at 50 MHz
clk runs at 25 MHz

So, instead of dividing by 3 and then by 2 to get to clk, we would need to divide clkfx by 5.
Of course the SPI divider „tick“ needs to adopted from 63 to 75 and so on. (400 kHz = 25MHz / 63 = 30 MHz / 75)
Sorry, I forgot to mention these details.

br
Jörg