[Oberon] FPGA - Colour Support

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Sun Oct 8 18:37:40 CEST 2017

Joerg:

Please note that a color lookup table can turn a 4-bit or 8-bit color into a vivid palette. I think that 8-bit would be quite perfect for a scientific kind of applications, where one wants to display a contour plot of two dimensional X-Y density distributions. Think of an elevation map, for example.

A 2 MB system seems a minimal requirement because one needs RAM not only for the framebuffer, but also for the map itself. I wonder how far we could go with such a minimal hardware.

It will be also valuable to think a little bit ahead and setup the scheme where larger memories will be available, like Pipistrello or my future boards.

Thank you,
W.