[Oberon] A new Oberon-07 compiler

Luca Boasso luke.boasso at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 05:32:10 CEST 2017

Hi everybody,

Few weeks ago I released a new Oberon-07 compiler targeting the Java
Virtual Machine (JVM).
It was built following the techniques used in Wirth's original compiler
(one pass, compact, no third party libraries).

I tried to be as faithful as possible to the Oberon-07 report and every
time Wirth's implementation changed I made sure oberonc was following the
same semantic. I will continue to keep it in sync.

Leveraging the strengths of the JVM, this implementation produce very good
code, comparable to the equivalent Java version produced by the official
javac compiler.

Please give it a try and let me know what you think. For the code and
instructions refer to:

https://github.com/lboasso/oberonc

Regards,
Luca Boasso