[Oberon] Clarifying type compatibility in Oberon-07

August Karlstrom fusionfile at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 16:16:07 CEST 2017

On 2017-10-11 15:52, Andreas Pirklbauer wrote:
> But one still needs to *define* what the
> assignment rules should be in both cases. *One* sensible choice (which
> is the status quo in Oberon-07) is to assume structural equivalence for
> basic types and name equivalence for structured types such as arrays and
> records (except for open arrays).

As I understand it, (non-strict) name equivalence is used both for basic
and structured types (see paragraph one in the definition of *same type*
posted earlier in this thread). NW's PO 2013 compiler, however, uses
structural equivalence for arrays and procedures but, if I understand it
correctly, is not (yet) a part of the language specification.

>> (Andreas, for some reason all your messages consistently end up in my  > Gmail spam folder. I don't understand the reason for this.)
>
> I have no clue. I hope it’s not related to the content ;-)

It's probably something in the message headers.

-- August