[Oberon] FPGA - Colour Support

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Thu Oct 12 09:18:26 CEST 2017

On Sun, 8 Oct 2017 17:55:09 +0200
Jörg <joerg.straube at iaeth.ch> wrote:

> Other memory organization are thinkable. Eg stacked 1bit planes. With
> such an memory organisation it would be easy to increase the bits per
> pixel from 1,2,3 and so on. If you clear the whole framebuffer and
> only write to the first plane, you have B/W.

Hi,

Now experimenting with colours and realising I am not too sure how
stacked bit planes work. I was thinking of this..

(* display buffer addresses *)
(* bw_plane := ... *)
(* red_plane := bw_plane + size of (bw_plane) *)
(* green_plane := bw_plane + 2 * size of (bw_plane) *)
(* blue_plane := bw_plane + 3 * size of (bw_plane) *)

SYSTEM.PUT(bw_plane, 1) (* sets pixel on/off *)
SYSTEM.PUT(red_plane, 1) (* sets the same pixel red *) OR
SYSTEM.PUT(green_plane, 1) (* sets the same pixel green *) OR
SYSTEM.PUT(blue_plane, 1) (* sets the same pixel blue *)

Perhaps b&w plane could also drive luminosity/intensity, so we could
have 16 colours in the end?

Am I close?

--
Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>