[Oberon] FPGA - Accessing DRAM

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Mon Oct 16 13:02:42 CEST 2017

Coincidentally, I've just implemented a 4164 DRAM chip tester using
Oberon-07 and a $13 Nucleo STM-32 development board that does just that.
Oberon-07 with its SET type, bit manipulation capabilities and predictable
instruction execution times, made the task really simple.

It was one of those spin-off projects that takes on a life of its own. The
primary project was to restore a 1983 Sage II 68000 computer which only
recognised 256K of the 512K DRAM installed - 72 chips in all! The DRAM
tester only takes a few seconds to test each chip so I was able to identify
and replace the faulty chips in one session.

Some ZIF sockets and Veroboard arrived today which I'm planning to use to
publish as a basic example Oberon-07 construction project in the very near
future,

Regards,
Chris Burrows
CFB Software