[Oberon] Oberon system building tools (including Oberon0.Mod)

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 03:15:58 CET 2017

>However, why is text scrolling implemente with left mouse button?

Yes a different HCI for a familiar looking app is a problem -
depending on the user's
particular psychology. Eg. wily [plan9's PublicDomain copy of ETHO]
reversed the
up / down scroll mouseButtons.  I found the location in the C-code to patch &
recompile, to give ETHO's direction. But it took me a year to work out
the simple
solution to:
 ETHO's mouse: Left, Mid, Right needs Mid to execute a <Mod.Proc>
 but for wily Mid, may be 3 sequential events:
  keyDown, possible move hoizontally, keyUp.
 Which would execute the selected - via horizontal move - string.
Eg. Mid on "System.Directory" might try to execute "cto", if the <down position
moved over the "cto" string.
The simple solution is: LeftMouse on <white space delimited string>;
 which selects it; folowed by MidMouse, which apparently executes the selection
via the key-release.

... C. Glur.
PS. we've admitted that ETHO is NOT popular.
wily dating from the 90 is less popular, and a more powerfull TUI,
except when I
need colors. I initially had problems with <display font tearing> and
can share my
solutions, with *nix users.
wily_0.13.41-7.2_amd64.deb   is 203786 bytes
but I prefer 32bit.