[Oberon] Oberon system building tools (including Oberon0.Mod)

Richard Hable informujo at aon.at
Sun Dec 3 00:25:53 CET 2017

On 2017-12-02 03:49, Skulski, Wojciech wrote:
> After reading through all these mouse discussions, and realizing that Oberon-wise the modern mice are inferior to the old three button mice, I would ask: how about introducing the Commanders? BlackBox guys have solved this problem. They moved away from interclicks and other such stuff. The command is executed by pressing the Commander, which is an Active Element that can be placed in any Text.

In System 4 there is the PopupElems module implementing a text element
which can be inserted into arbitrary text, including menus. It can
contain one or more commands to be executed via the middle mouse button.
One would have to change this module to also allow using the left mouse
button--and to support an interclick with the right mouse button for
reloading the command's module.

At least for text viewers, this would solve the problem of clicking the
middle mouse button at a precise position on a mouse with scroll wheel.
IMO, the other clicks and interclicks are easy enough to remain the
same, even when a scroll wheel has to be pressed instead of a middle
mouse button.

Richard