[Oberon] Announcement: RiskFive is online

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Tue Jan 9 23:59:25 CET 2018

All:

I put a small website online named RiskFive.com. You can access it under its name, or append www in front.

RiskFive is a name of both a hardware board and a software project. Numerous references are made throughout the website to RISC5 and to FPGA Oberon. Despite these references, the project is neither limited to nor dependent upon RISC5. On the other hand, the motivation by the FPGA Oberon is clear.

At this point the board schematics and the PCB layout were completed. The schematics are posted online for review. I admit these are a bit complex, as expected from a board which reaches beyond the current status of the FPGA Oberon boards. This board is targeting the next generation of the FPGA Oberon System, like ETH Oberon or Linz V4 running on either RISC5, RISC-V, or any another soft CPU powerful enough to run the full System.

The goal of advancing the FPGA Oberon will not be solved with the hardware. The firmware and the software have not even started. We will not complete the firmware and software tasks. We can only design the hardware foundation and make it available. The community needs to step in and contribute the effort.

You are all invited to visit RiskFive.com. I also reserved .net and .org names for future discussion forums and/or community projects related to RiskFive.

Thank you,
Wojtek