[Oberon] Intermediate scopes in Oberon-07

Артур Ефимов arturefimov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 12:15:17 CET 2018

​Diego Sardina wrote:​

In the past I never saw procedure variables as a solution for circular
reference, but at this point I prefer forward reference.

Also they don't really come for free especially in runtime, it is another
level of indirection and they prevent the compiler to inline them.

​he compiler can't inline these procedures anyway, as they are involved in
recursion (and thus have to be forward-referenced in some way).
I'm using procedure variables in my Oberon compiler, like N. Wirth does in
Project Oberon. Didn't think about nesting all of these procedures inside
Expression.

By the way, does anybody know why in NW's compiler procedures
"expression0", "
qualident
​", "selector", "element", "set", "factor", "term" (but not
"SimpleExpression" for example)
start from a small letter?