[Oberon] RiskFive and Use of IP Cores

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Tue Mar 13 20:45:06 CET 2018

John:

 sorry for being slow in responding. Too many things to do at the same time.

Concerning RiskFive, at this point we are stuck with the DDR3 memory, which needs a cache for any performance. Joerg directed my attention to the problem, which I somehow thought was specific to the very high performance hard silicon processors. it turns out that it will affect the slower soft core as well.

This is more of a problem than I expected. I am now looking at redoing the PCB using the ZBT memory to avoid caching.

The board with the DDR3 has been designed. Ordering a production run is delayed until we are sure what to do about the processor cache.

Thank you,
Wojtek