[Oberon] FPGA - nRF24L01 connection

Jörg joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Sat Apr 7 12:17:28 CEST 2018

Hi Tomas

I was wondering why your gateway used RF_CH = 76 as default.

SCC.Mod does not know nor care whether you use 802.11 WiFi in parallel.

If there is WiFi in your area, RF_CH = 5 will interfere with WiFi channel 1.

To not interfere with WiFi you should set your RF_CH frequency to something higher to be beyond the WiFi spectrum.

In the US, RF_CH=76 is a good choice as it is beyond Wifi channel 11.

In Europe, it is possible to use up to Wifi channel 13, so RF_CH >= 85 would be a good choice.

If you want SCC.Mod not to interfere with WiFi, you should set your switches so that n DIV 4 MOD 10H * 10 + 5 >= 85.

br

Jörg