[Oberon] FPGA - nRF24L01 `RPI Net' server

Paul Reed paulreed at paddedcell.com
Fri May 25 20:34:19 CEST 2018

Hi Tomas,

> Net.SendFiles RPI NRF.Mod ~
> NRF.Mod receiving   6167  6
>
> Net.ReceiveFiles RPI NRF.Mod ~
> NRF.Mod sending   6167 19
>
> Numbers are file size, seconds to complete.
>
> Sending takes three times longer???

I'm certainly confused by these logs, which are presumably Pi and Oberon
logs interleaved.  What I infer is that the Oberon command

  Net.SendFiles RPI NRF.Mod ~

sends the file NRF.Mod to the Pi and results in a log entry on the Pi of

  NRF.Mod receiving   6167  6

i.e. the file is 6K bytes and it takes 6 seconds; and conversely the
Oberon command

  Net.ReceiveFiles RPI NRF.Mod ~

receives the file NRF.Mod from the Pi and results in a log entry on the Pi of

 NRF.Mod sending   6167 19

i.e. it takes 19 seconds.

If so, then I would ask, what is the Pi doing in the other 13 seconds?  In
other words, expand the logging  on the Pi to show the various times or
timeouts, for each phase of the protocol as described in ch. 10 of Project
Oberon.  (As a reminder, don't post the entire logs; but you could maybe
show accumulated total time waiting in each part of the protocol, for each
transfer).

HTH
Paul