[Oberon] Modified Oberon-07 compiler adding the numeric CASE statement

Andreas Pirklbauer andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 14 16:34:41 CEST 2018

    > Make that at least five. The following Oberon-07 compilers implement
    > CHAR and INTEGER CASE statements as well:
    >
    > Congdm's Patchouli Compiler - Windows Oberon-07 for Intel (AMD64) architecture
    >     https://github.com/congdm/Patchouli-Compiler
    >
    > Karl Landström's OBNC:
    >    http://www.miasap.se/obnc/

Interesting. Although .. these are not particularly well suited for *direct* comparison
(e.g. of size of generated code size, jump table implementation, overhead of any
selection in a CASE statement, implementation effort..) with implementations on
RISC - Patchouli generates ARM code, while OBNC outputs C code.

PS: I like the Patchouli implementation (previously called Aya) and may use
some ARM-sepcific insights from that piece of work for an ARM implementation
of the original Oberon-07 compiler (cross-compiler on RISC).