[Oberon] Oberon board availability (was Moving oberon to RISCV?)

Jörg joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Sat Jul 28 09:02:27 CEST 2018

Just a side note:

I implemented 16 colors on the Pepino and did the Verliog change on a Mac bootcamped in Windows 10.

br

Jörg

Am 28.07.18, 08:26 schrieb "Oberon im Auftrag von Chris Burrows" <oberon-bounces at lists.inf.ethz.ch im Auftrag von chris at cfbsoftware.com>:

    That is an excellent summary. I have a few additional comments based on my

    experience of the Pepino:

    1. Although Pepino was specifically designed to run Project Oberon it does

    has other uses. My retrocomputing interests include Modula-2 compilers and

    68000-based systems (Sage, Mac, Atari, Amiga and Palm). One of Pepino's

    alter-egos is the MacPlus. Using it somehow feels more like the real thing

    than using a Mac emulator on a PC. I have a few other long-term projects in

    mind to make use of its 68000 personality.

    2. I have the LX25 version of the Pepino as well as the LX9. It has an

    additional 1 MB of SRAM making a total of 2 MB. Unfortunately the Pepino

    LX25 is listed as discontinued. However, I'd be surprised if Magnus didn't

    resurrect it if there was sufficient demand.

    @Magnus: What would a minimum order be to make this happen?

    3. The Pepino can run Project Oberon RISC5 Workstation at 37.5 MHz using the

    alternative Verilog code on Saanlima's site.

    ... and just to show I'm not biased ;-)

    4. Pepino uses the Xilinx Spartan-6 which is not supported by the latest

    Xilinx HDL software (Vivado). If you want to modify the Verilog code for the

    Pepino the older ISE 14.7 software is still available but it requires a

    Linux VM to run it on Windows 10. I prefer using the Vivado software with

    the Artix-7 (as used by RiskFive).

    Regards,

    Chris Burrows

    CFB Software