[Oberon] Bit manipulation in Oberon-07

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Wed Oct 24 22:07:41 CEST 2018

> see http://www.eastjesus.net/tech/crc/FastCRC.html
Ah, this looks brainy, compliments.

> So my apologies, but I wonder if you could tell me again which
> processor the project uses, or even better to a detailed instruction
> set document for it.

My apologies again, it appears as me stealing the thread from Wojtek who
asked to the list about bit/byte manipulation within set of bits mapped
to an integer.

The processor is RISC-5 by prof. Wirth, instruction set is very minimal.

https://www.inf.ethz.ch/personal/wirth/FPGA-relatedWork/RISC-Arch.pdf

The fast system dependant routines are defined in the SYSTEM, which
is pseudo module code generating by the compiler.

Implementors may enrich SYSTEM to suite better their application
needs. At least that is my understanding.

Cheers

--
Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>