[Oberon] FW: addition: Oberon V4 for Linux

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Sat Nov 3 18:11:42 CET 2018

Tomas:

Thank you for the line count. Note that these are just Dialogs. Now look at all the other Linz subsystems. Count the lines, count the hours, count the testing effort. Ask yourself whether hundreds of hours spent on porting and testing will materialize.

I can certainly understand why Oberon-07 was developed. A board with 1 MB was available, and it was tempting to demonstrate a minimal system with resource consumption similar to Ceres-1. A great project. However, from a practical standpoint being able to reuse the prior art would be very helpful.

Wojtek